Toolkit to guide your child back to school
Date: 10th July 2020
Category: Education, Leisure and Cultural Activities
This toolkit includes resources and activities for parents and carers to use with children and young people to make the transition back to school smoother. Within the toolkit there is an adapted guide to help parents and carers assist children and young people with learning difficulties to manage any challenges arising from COVID-19.
The toolkit also includes:
- Primary and secondary workbooks to discover how a child or young person describes their worries and concerns, and their hopes and things they look forward to.
- Primary or secondary ‘Wellbeing Wheels’ to give a child some strategies to support their emotions.
- ‘Social Scenario Reflection Tool’ which helps to find coping strategies for difficult situations.
- ‘Correspondence Log’ to help parents and carers keep track of conversations they have had with a child or young person.
- ‘Parent and Carer Journal’ to enable parents and carers to consider how they have been affected and find ways to support their concerns and emotions.
Access the toolkit here.