At home learning activities to develop understanding of Sustainable Development Goals
Date: 10th July 2020
These free activities and activities support teachers, parents and carers with home or remote learning. The introduce learners to important global issues and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The bite-sized activities developed by the British Council cover the following topics:
- Gender equality- learn more about the principle that all men and women need to have the same rights and the same opportunities to succeed in school and in life.
- Bringing Covid-19 under control- learn what we can do to slow down the spread of a pandemic like Covid-19.
- Education for sustainable development and global citizenship- learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals and how people take action on global issues.
- Life below water- learn about the problems with plastic.
- Learning from pandemics- learn facts and figures about some of the most severe infectious diseases in the world.
- Climate action and rising sea levels- learn how to increase awareness of the effects of climate change including a rise in sea levels.
- Clean air- examine the issue of air quality in towns, cities and schools and how actions taken as individuals can make a difference.
- Quality education- learn about why we go to school.
Discover all the home learning activities here.