CYCJ launches Guide to Youth Justice in Scotland
Date: 15th July 2019
Category: Children in conflict with the law
Author: Children and Young People's Centre for Justice
The revised guide is aimed at practitioners, researchers and educators, and sets out the latest policy, practice and legislation in youth justice.
The guide is supported by the Scottish Government’s Youth Justice Strategy and incorporates changes resulting from the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
Topics covered include:
- Roles and responsibilities of key partners
- Early and effective intervention and diversion from prosecution
- Managing risk of serious harm
- Reintegration and transitions
- Vulnerable girls and young women
- Residential child care
- Speech, language and communication needs in youth justice
- Mental health
- Children’s rights
- Support under 18s in the court system
The next revision will take place in June 2020.