Child Rights Launchpad updated
Date: 18th May 2016
Author: UNICEF UK
The Child Rights Launchpad has a new face, designed to take children and young people in Scotland on an exciting journey to explore their rights.
Through the Launchpad, children and young people aged three to 18 can:
- learn about their rights and rights around the world;
- enjoy their own rights by taking part in sports and other activities;
- take action to help other children around the world to enjoy their rights too.
The Launchpad is an interactive website, and UNICEF UK are developing a range of free offline materials. It is designed at three different levels, broadly aimed at three separate age bands:
- Level 1: three to seven-year-olds
- Level 2: eight to 12-year-olds
- Level 3: 13 to 18-year-olds
Each level has rights 'missions' and corresponding offline activities. The Launchpad is delivered through schools, and sports and community groups. Adult Guides support children and young people on their journey. It is a free, ready-to-use resource that supports learning about rights and the Curriculum for Excellence. Detailed Guidance for Adults provides information about the site and content, and helps Adult Guides to plan how and when they will run the Launchpad.