Third Sector touchpoints
Date: 8th December 2015
Category: General measures of implementation
Author: Barnardo's Scotland
Touchpoints are checklists to help Third sector organisations prepare for parts 4,5 and 18 of the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014, due to come into force in August 2016. These relate to the provision of Named Persons, the Child's Plan and the assessment of Wellbeing.
The checklist reflects the duties and responsibilities relevant to Third Sector organisations and should be used in a way that reflects individual organisations' needs.
It is based on tools designed by the Scottish Government, adapted for Third Sector organisations by The National Third Sector GIRFEC Project working in partnership with Children in Scotland, Glasgow Council for Voluntary Service, and the Health and Social Care Alliance.
Using Third Sector Touchpoint
Touchpoint is a planning tool. The checklist should be used in a way that reflects each organisation's own context and operational circumstances, and in conjunction with other relevant materials, tools and guidelines, including:
- The Scottish Government GIRFEC web page
- Easy read guides on GIRFEC published by the ALLIANCE Scotland
- Guides by Enquire: the Scottish advice service for additional support for learning
- The Parents' guide to additional support for learning - Chapter 2: A summary of additional; support for learning
- Planning Children & Young People's education - Page 3