Call for children’s submissions on the rights of Indigenous Peoples
Date: 8th July 2021
Category: UN Convention on the Elimination of Discrimin
The draft report was created pursuant to Human Rights Council resolution 33/25. Children and young people will have an opportunity to share their feedback at their regional meetings on the following times:
- Monday 12th July (Africa and North America, 9:00 GVA)
- Tuesday 13th July (Pacific and Asian Regions 9:00 GVA and The Arctic, Central and Eastern Europe, Russian Federation and Transcaucasia 15:00 GVA)
- Wednesday 15th July (Central and South America and the Caribbean 15:00 GVA).
Following the feedback given by children and young people, a finalised report will be presented during the 48th session of the Human Rights Council in September 2021.
How can children participate?
- Indigenous Peoples, including children, and States (countries) can submit written statements they would like to make during the Regional Meeting related to their country by 25th June 2021. For late submissions, please contact email@example.com
- EMRIP would like to hear about the situation of indigenous children, what challenges they face, and what matters most to them.
- The EMRIP will be giving preference to statements from indigenous children and young people.
- Check the child-friendly call available in English, French, Spanish and Russian.
- Read the draft study here.