Scotland’s #PassTheParty celebrations
Date: 26th March 2021
Across Scotland and beyond, children, young people and their supporters have been joining to #PassTheParty and celebrate the Bill. Together hosted an online party and created a mural to showcase how people have been marking the occasion
To celebrate UNCRC incorporation, Together shared a range of videos across social media including:
- Former and current members of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, Amal Aldoseri, Kirsten Sandberg and Mikiko Otani
- Deputy First Minister John Swinney
- Minister for Children and Young People Maree Todd
- Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland Bruce Adamson
- Chair of the Scottish Youth Parliament Josh Kennedy
- Together’s Chair Mary Glasgow
- Together’s Director Juliet Harris
- Children and young people from the Panel on Europe and Sciennes Primary School
Special thanks to Amal Aldoseri, Kirsten Sandberg and Maree Todd MSP who spoke at our celebratory event and Liam Fowley from Scottish Youth Parliament who chaired the whole party! We’d also like to say a huge thank you to the children and young people who joined our party, those who supported them and everyone else who joined us and played the games from Children’s Parliament’s #PassTheParty bag!
If you would like to host your own celebration, please do check our Children’s Parliament’s #PassTheParty bag as it hosts a wide range of fun activities and a party playlist that will get everyone dancing!
Deputy First Minister John Swinney and Minister for Children and Young People Maree Todd also wrote a letter to children and young people, those that work to support them, and to those that have campaigned for children’s rights over the past decade and beyond in Scotland. You can read this letter here.
- You can find out more about incorporation and watch all the celebratory speeches here!