Support for disabled young people
Date: 19th November 2020
Category: Children with disabilities
Closing date: 11th January 2021
The Bill aims to improve opportunities for disabled children and young people as they grow up.
The Bill would require:
- Scottish Government to have a National Transitions Strategy explaining how they are going to improve opportunities for disabled children and young people.
- A Scottish Government minister to oversee improvements for disabled children and young people moving into adulthood.
- Local councils to have plans for each disabled child and young person as they move into adulthood.
- Scottish ministers to review and submit a report to Scottish Parliament every year to update on how the National Transitions Strategy and transition plans are working.
- People and organisations named in the Bill (including Scottish ministers, local councils, health boards, and integration joint boards) to follow the aims of the National Transitions Strategy.
The Bill also enables Scottish ministers to give:
- Guidance to local councils about transition plans.
- Directions about transition plans to local councils, health boards, integration joint boards and others named in the Bill.
Submit your views here.
Find out more about the Bill here.