2019 ROCK Conference report now available
Date: 25th September 2020
Category: General measures of implementation
The report from the 2019 Rights of the Child UK (ROCK) Conference is now available online.
The conference brought together over 80 delegates and speakers from Northern Ireland, Scotland, England, Wales, Jersey, Iceland and across Europe to explore developments taking place in each country to embed the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) into law and policy.
The programme provided a timely opportunity for a range of child rights experts and commentators, including notable academics, third sector organisations and representatives from human rights institutions (NHRI), to highlight progress and future opportunities for further legal protections for children.
- Professor Laura Lundy, Co-Director Centre of Children’s Rights, Queen’s University Belfast
- Professor Ursula Kilkelly, University College Cork
- Guðríður Bolladóttir, Senior Legal Advisor, Ombudsman for Children in Iceland
- Ilaria Paolazzi, Programme Manager, Child Rights Connect
- June Wilkinson, Northern Ireland Department of Education
- Julie Morgan AM, Deputy Minister for Health and Social Services, Welsh Government
- Helen Fogarty, Head of the Children's Rights Unit, Scottish Government
- Michelle Moffat, Senior Policy Officer, Children’s Policy, Government of Jersey
Presentations from the event have also been made available on the ROCK website. Access these here.
Thank you to all speakers and delegates who contributed to the success of the event!