Inquiry into the impact of Coronavirus on people with protected characteristics
Date: 9th April 2020
Close date: 30th April 2020
The Women and Equalities Committee has launched an inquiry into the different and disproportionate impact that the Coronavirus – and measures to tackle it – is having on people with protected characteristics under the Equality Act.
The Committee wants to know about people’s experiences, including:
- How people have been affected by the illness or the response to it
- If there have been specific impacts on people due to them having a protected characteristic
- Whether there may be unforeseen consequences to measures brought in to ease the burden on frontline staff, for example relaxing the measures under the Mental Health Act and Care Act)
The Committee will also look at the review of UK Government measures, and wants to know:
- What needs to change or improve, which could be acted on in three weeks’ time;
- What needs to change or improve, which could be acted on in 6 months’ time.
Responses are welcome from individuals, organisations and experts.