Call for comments on Committee on the Rights of the Child Draft revised General Comment No. 10 (2007) on children’s rights in juvenile justice
Date: 16th November 2018
Category: General Comments, Age of criminal responsibility
Closing date: 8th January 2019
The Committee on the Rights of the Child is currently revising its General Comment No. 10 (2007) on children’s rights in juvenile justice.
The Committee now invites all interested parties to comment on the current draft of its revised General Comment No. 10 (2007).
Comments are welcome on all aspects of the draft General Comment, with a particular focus on the following issues:
- Minimum age of criminal responsibility;
- Upper age limit of the juvenile justice system (criminal majority);
- Legal and other appropriate assistance;
- Minimum age of deprivation of liberty;
- Minimum age of detention
- Suggestions for new issues for inclusion in the General Comment.
After due consideration of inputs provided, the Committee will decide on the contents of the final version of the General Comment.
- Should be submitted in one of the official languages of the Committee - English, French or Spanish;
- Should be in one concise and focused document indicating precisely the paragraphs to which comments are being made and must not exceed 5 pages;
- Should be submitted electronically in WORD format to the following email address: email@example.com;
- Will not be translated;
- Will be posted on the CRC webpage devoted to this draft revised General Comment No. 10 (2007).