Human Rights in Scotland
Date: 31st January 2018
Category: Other human rights treaties and mechanisms
Scottish Parliament's Equalities and Human Rights Committee are undertaking an enquiry into 'Human Rights and the Scottish Parliament.'
Following the decision to exit the European Union, human rights have been brought into sharper focus in Scotland and the UK and, in response, Scottish Parliament are looking for views on how they can enhance their approach to promoting and protecting human rights. Those who are encouraged to respond include
- Public authorities
- Civic society
- Those who work against discrimination
- Anyone with a lived experience of fighting for human rights
- The Committee will explore how human rights can be mainstreamed into procedures and policies and will look in particular at three key areas:
- Participation and engagement
- Parliamentary procedure and process
- Respond to the consultation here.