Young Start Fund 2013
Date: 5th August 2013
Young Start is a grants programme that distributes money from dormant bank accounts and aims to create opportunities for children and young people aged between 8 and 24 to help them realise their potential.
They expect to fund a wide range of projects for up to 2 years that will make children and young people aged 8 to 24 confident, healthy, connected or enterprising. Young Start is keen to see projects involve young people in their development, design and delivery, as well as projects that make the most of existing resources and potential within the community.
Here are just a few examples of what a Young Start grant can pay for:
- Staff costs
- Activity costs
- Training costs
- Venue hire
- Purchasing or leasing a new vehicle
- Transport costs including travel expenses
- Materials or equipment such as IT equipment for the projects
- Publicity and marketing costs
- Equipment hire or purchase
- Volunteer expenses.
Young Start can support projects that meet one or more of these outcomes:
- CONFIDENT - Children and young people have more confidence and skills.
- HEALTHY - Children and young people have better physical, mental and emotional health.
- CONNECTED - Younger and older generations are better connected and have more understanding and respect for each other.
- ENTERPRISING - Young people are better prepared for getting a job or starting a business.
Young Start are accepting applications from:
- Voluntary organisations
- Community groups
- Social enterprises
- Housing associations
- Sports organisations
Click here for more information.
Click here for a Young Start application form.