Department for Education launches multi million funding programme
Date: 5th November 2012
Voluntary and community sector organisations, social enterprises and other not-for-profit organisations are invited to apply to the Department for Education's new National Prospectus Grants Programme 2013-15.
The programme will provide up to £30 million in grant funding for each year in 2013-14 and 2014-15. Although there is no stated minimum or maximum level of funding, it is thought that most bids will be between £100,000 and £750,000 per year.
Proposals should be new and innovative and improve outcomes for children, young people and families with a particular emphasis on early intervention and supporting the most disadvantaged.
Projects must address one of the following priorities:
- Promote excellence in early education and childcare, so enabling all children to achieve success in their early years and later education.
- Develop and reform safeguarding services that protect and support children at risk of harm.
- Develop and reform the care system and speed up the process of adoption.
- Develop and reform services that support children with SEN, disabilities and other health needs.
- Focus and develop local services to support improved outcomes for young people, particularly the most disadvantaged and vulnerable.
Grants can be used for revenue funding such as staff costs, but not for capital purchases. Funding will be available for two years from 1 April 2013.
The closing date for bids is noon on 30 November 2012.
Full details can be found on the Department for Education website.