Girls on the Move
Date: 23rd February 2011
Youth Scotland has grants of up to £2,000 available for projects and initiatives across Scotland that increase physical activity levels among girls and young women. The funding is available to groups working with girls and young women aged 12 - 18 years who are not currently taking part in physical activity.
Applications are particularly welcome from young women who:
- Live in disadvantaged communities
- Have experienced homelessness or are living in care
- Have disabilities or mental health issues
- Are from black and ethnic minority communities
- Are mothers of young children.
Previous projects have included cheerleading, netball, walking, dance, gymnastics, outdoor activities and many more.