My Support, My Choice report now available
Date: 9th December 2020
Category: Children with disabilities, Mental health, Health and health services, Social security and childcare
The report includes evidence, analysis and recommendations to improve social care in Scotland following COVID-19.
The report follows a direct consultation that took place between November 2018 and February 2020. It involved over 600 people, who had received Self-directed Support (SDS) or had been assessed in the previous 12 months.
The findings show that SDS is important to achieve a higher quality of life and independent living but that some key improvements are needed. The topics included in the report are:
- Information about SDS;
- Informed choice and control;
- Communication and relationship with social work;
- Impact of SDS on family and relationships;
- SDS and mental health;
- Care staff recruitment, training and quality;
- Independent advocacy and support.
Other thematic reports will follow.
- Read SDS Scotland’s blog and report here.