Complete our State of Children’s Rights Survey and discover slides from UNCRC 2020 webinar series
Date: 10th July 2020
Category: Reporting to and monitoring the UNCRC
Slides from Together’s recent UNCRC 2020 webinar series are now available online. These webinars have helped build a picture of the current state of children’s rights in Scotland. Together is now seeking your views in a survey to help shape our report to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child, highlighting priority children’s rights issues in Scotland.
This report will inform the UN Committee’s review of the UK’s progress implementing the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC). Therefore, we want to hear from you, if you have experience or expertise on the following issues:
- Family Environment and Alternative Care- this includes childcare and parental leave, children deprived of a family environment, parental imprisonment and young carers.
- Civil Rights and Freedoms- such as religious education in schools, non-discrimination and exploring the impact of Coronavirus on children's civil rights and freedoms
- Education, Leisure and Cultural Activities- involving educational attainment, additional support for learning, rest, leisure and play.
- Special Protection Measures- this includes working with refugee, migrant and asylum-seeking children, child victims and witnesses of crimes, children in armed conflict and within the child justice.
- Violence against Children- including the use of restraint, sexual exploitation and abuse, bullying and violence against women and girls, and support services for children and young people.
- Disability, basic health and welfare- this includes children and young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, children in poverty, children in hospital and environmental health.
If you would like to help shape our report, please complete our State of Children’s Rights Survey here.
Discover the slides from our recent UNCRC 2020 webinar series here.