Inquiry into the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on equalities and human rights
Date: 1st May 2020
Category: Disability, Basic Health and Welfare, Civil Rights and Freedoms, Education, Leisure and Cultural Activities, Family Environment and Alternative Care, General principles
Closing date: 1st January 2021
This inquiry seeks to identify the evidence that some groups of people are experiencing disproportionately negative impacts of the coronavirus and by the measures taken by public bodies to deal with it.
The Scottish Parliament’s Equalities and Human Rights Committee wants to hear views on:
- how have groups of people been affected by the virus?
- which groups have been disproportionately affected by the virus and the response to it?
- have there been specific equality or human rights impacts on groups of people as a response to the virus?
- what do the Scottish Government and public authorities (e.g. local authorities, health boards etc.) need to change or improve:
- as a matter of urgency?
- in the medium to long term?