COVID-19: charities issue briefings regarding impact on children
Date: 9th April 2020
Category: Basic Health and Welfare
A number of organisations, including some of Together members, have issued briefings illustrating the impact of UK and Scottish Government measures on human rights, including the rights of children and their families.
The briefings cover a range of topics, including school closures and lockdown measures with many noting the disproportionate impact of these on certain groups of children including those living in poverty, children with disabilities and/or other additional support needs, care experienced children, those experiencing domestic abuse, and young carers amongst others.
Briefings with a Scottish focus include:
- Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland, Briefing on the Coronavirus (Scotland) Bill
- Engender, Women and COVID-19 briefing
- Children 1st, Parliamentary Briefing on Coronavirus (Scotland) Bill
- Scottish Women’s Aid, Statement on COVID-19
- Scottish Human Rights Commission, Briefing on the Coronavirus (Scotland) Act
- CYCJ, Practice Implications of Coronavirus for Children in Conflict with the Law
Briefings with a UK-perspective include:
- Children and Young People’s Commissioner Scotland, briefing in relation to the UK Coronavirus Act and measures it authorises.
- British Institute for Human Rights (BIHR), impact of UK Coronavirus Act on children and vulnerable people’s human rights.
Has your organisation produced any information that you would like Together to share? Please get in touch with email@example.com.