Survey - What is the #EuropeKidsWant?
Date: 7th November 2018
Eurochild and UNICEF invite children and young people up to 18 years of age to share their views on the Europe they would like to grow up in as well as their experiences of family life, school and society.
In November 2017, European Parliament President Antonio Tajani committed to host an annual event in the plenary of the European Parliament to examine the work of the European Parliament on children’s rights. Following this commitment, on Universal Children’s Day on the 20th November 2018, the President will host the first ever plenary session attended by children and young people. The results of the Europe Kids Want survey will inform the basis for discussions at this high-level event.
- The survey is open to children of all ages.
- While targeted at children and young people living in the European Union, responses from children outside the EU are also welcome.
- The survey is available in at least 19 languages.
- It takes an average of 7 minutes to complete.
- No personal data is gathered.
The survey has been developed by children’s rights experts and tested with focus groups of children themselves. The questions are written in child-friendly language in order to especially encourage responses from under 18-year-olds.
The survey is supported by the organisations in the Child Rights Action Group.