New Delivery Plan for Education published
Date: 26th July 2016
The Scottish Government has published its Education Delivery Plan which sets out requirements to close the attainment gaps over the next five years.
The delivery plan actions are aligned with the improvement drivers outlined in the National Improvement Framework. The plan focuses on the following key priorities:
- Closing the attainment gap by extending the reach, scope and investment of the Scottish Attainment Challenge over the next five years;
- Launching a governance and funding review to examine the system changes required to empower schools, devolving funding and more decision-making to schools and communities;
- Simplifying the Curriculum for Excellence and significantly streamline the current range of curriculum guidance for teachers, and introduce a simpler set of key resources for the profession by January 2017;
- Investing in teachers and their skills to ensure highly qualified and empowered staff;
- Moving from a "culture of judgement" to a "system of judgement" to provide robust information on the education system to support improvement.
- Read the Scottish Government's Delivery Plan for education here.