International Human Rights Day & first anniversary of SNAP
Date: 12th November 2014
Each year, 10th December marks International Human Rights Day - a day of action to celebrate and raise awareness of international human rights. This year, it will also be the first anniversary of Scotland's National Action Plan for Human Rights (SNAP).
Events and activities are taking place all around Scotland from 1st to 11th December 2014 to raise awareness of human rights in everyday life, discuss progress made through SNAP and identify opportunities for more action to improve human rights in Scotland in 2015 and beyond.
There are lots of ways to get involved:
- Take a #OurRightsSNAP and spread the word through social media
- Take part in an Innovation Forum in Glasgow on poverty and human rights
- Learn about human rights and SNAP in your area (events in Dumfries, Glasgow, Inverness, Inverurie and Falkirk)
- Find out more about improving human rights in health and social care on 4 December
- Join Scottish Women's Aid for a creative session to raise awareness of violence against women as a human rights issue
- Join Amnesty International UK at a human rights action event at the Scottish Parliament
- Join the United Nations Association Scotland to celebrate the UN's human rights work at an event at the Scottish Parliament
- Find out more about the benefits of incorporating international human rights into Scotland's laws
Contact email@example.com to find out more.
- Find out more about SNAP here.