Request for evidence: children and young people's experiences of implementation of the UNCRC
Date: 12th March 2013
Category: UK 1st periodic review, Respect for the views of the child
A review of children and young people's experiences of, and views on issues relating to the implementation of the UNCRC seek evidence.
As part of the Scottish Government's work to inform the UK's next report on implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (due in January 2014), the Scottish Government is undertaking a piece of research to review children and young people's experiences of, and views on issues relating to the implementation of the Convention.
The research will help the Scottish Government to identify areas for further participatory work with children and young people.
The review is being undertaken by Susan Elsley, an independent consultant, and Kay Tisdall and Emma Davidson from the Centre for Research on Families and Relationships (CRFR) at the University of Edinburgh.
Request for evidence
The project team is now seeking evidence to inform the review. Please circulate to anyone in your organisation, project or service who has undertaken research, consultation or participatory activities with children and young people.
The timescale is tight so they would be very grateful for responses ASAP.
The project team are looking for:
- Research, consultations, evaluations or evidence from other participatory activities which reflect the views of children and young people
- The evidence can cover any area of children and young people's lives, their rights, well-being or services
- The evidence should be in the public domain and provide information that will be of value for the review
- It should have been undertaken between January 2008 and now.
Any evidence (publications, reports or other formats) should be sent ASAP or by Friday 22nd March 2013 to Emma Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evidence should be sent by web link, pdf or word document
- It should include publication date, authors (individuals or organisation) and details of where it can be accessed online etc.
- If hard copy only or in other format, please send to: Emma Davidson c/o CRFR, The University of Edinburgh, 23 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LN.