European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights - Global Calls Now Open
Date: 2nd July 2012
The Global Calls for Proposal under the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) are now open to submissions.
The aim of the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR) is to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights, including social rights and democratic reform.
Civil society organisations, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations, and private sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations, and networks at local, national, regional and international level may apply for this funding.
The Calls are as follows:
EIDHR - Fighting Impunity
This Call is divided into the following two lots:
- Lot 1: Civil society actions against torture, and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
- Lot 2: Civil society actions promoting the effective functioning of the International Criminal Court and the Rome Statute system.
A total of €22.215 million is available. Grants of between €500,000 and €1.5 million are available for up to 80% of total eligible costs.
EIDHR - Enhancing respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms where they are most at risk and supporting Human Rights Defenders
The Call is divided into the following three lots:
- Lot 1 - In country actions - targeting actions taking place in a single country.
- Lot 2 - Transnational actions - targeting global and/or regional actions.
- Lot 3 - Actions aimed at fighting cyber-censorship and to promote internet access and secure digital communication - targeting actions aiming to circumvent cyber-censorship.
A total of €20 million is available. Grants will be awarded for between €300,000 and €1.5 million for up to 95% of total eligible costs.
Only Concept Notes are to be submitted for evaluation. Applicants whose Concept Notes have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a Full Application Form.
The deadline for submission of Concept Notes only is 20 July 2012.