The James Caan Foundation
Date: 12th July 2010
The James Caan Foundation was set up by Dragon's Den investor James Caan in 2006, and supports UK charities as well as education initiatives in Pakistan.
The objectives of the foundation are as follows;
1. For the public benefit to promote education (including social and physical training) in such ways as the charity trustees think fit. This includes:
- Awarding scholarships, maintenance allowances or grants tenable at any university, college or institution of higher or further education;
- Providing their education (including the study of music or other arts), to undertake travel in furtherance of that education or to prepare for entry to any occupation, trade or profession on leaving any educational establishment;
- Helping in the development of schools in underprivileged areas.
2. To assist in the treatment and care of those suffering from mental or physical illness of any description or in need of rehabilitation as a result of such illness. This can be through the provision of facilities for work and recreation, or the support of research into the causes and cures of diseases.
3. To support any other purpose which is deemed to be charitable.