Young people, gambling harms & family services
Date: 29th April 2021
Time: 10:00 – 12:00
Specifically designed for staff and volunteers who work with parents, carers and families across Scotland, this training programme explores the current issues surrounding gambling and young people.
During the session, participants will:
- Explore current issues surrounding gambling and young people, with a focus on education, prevention and support.
- Increase their awareness of how gambling harms impact the health and well-being of young people and families.
- Better understand what gambling disorder is and its relationship with other risk-taking behaviours.
- Discuss concerns regarding online gambling and gaming.
- Strengthen their skills and confidence to deliver gambling education and prevention activities as part of a parent and carer programme.
- Increase their knowledge of resources available (such as Fast Forward’s Gambling Education Toolkit).
- Find information on additional support and specialised services.
Find out more and book your place here.