National Youth Work Conference 2018
Date: 20th November 2018
Time: 9am - 4.30pm
Location: Radisson Blu Hotel, 301 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8DL
YouthLink Scotland is holding their national conference which will focus on Young People’s participation, reflecting the themes identified by young people in shaping YoYP2018.
This year’s event will take place on Universal Children’s Day, which marks the anniversary of the UN General Assembly adopting both the declaration and the convention on children's rights.
This event aims to be a space to explore this ambition within a youth work context by:
- Considering ways in which youth work enables young people to participate in decisions that affect their lives.
- Identifying and discussing the ways in which youth organisations are led and informed by young people.
- Reflecting on the experiences of organisations who are working in partnership with young people to improve their services and experiences through the influence of young people’s views.
Delegates will have the choice of 16 Interactive Session to attend which cover topics such as child rights, youth-led campaigns, inclusive decision-making and digital and creative participation.
· Maree Todd MSP, Minister for Children and Young People
· Duncan Dunlop, Chief Executive of Who Cares? Scotland
· Dr Louise Sheridan
This event is aimed at:
· The youth work sector.
· Other related professionals interested in young people’s participation.
· Integrated authorities and community planning partnerships.
· Supporters of the Year of Young People 2018