Families affected by imprisonment training
Date: 12th September 2021 to 9th December 2021
Time: 9:30 - 12;30
Families Outside offers accredited training to those individuals and groups across the statutory and voluntary sectors who come into contact with families affected by imprisonment. The training is designed to raise awareness of the impact imprisonment has on families, improve practice and develop the knowledge and skills of participants required when supporting families affected by imprisonment.
The training consists of three modules and participants should choose which ones are relevant to their line of work. It will be delivered online until it is safe to deliver it in a community setting.
Attendance at any of the modules will aim to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the impact imprisonment has on the whole family in order to reduce stigma and social isolation
- Improve the overall experience for families including children and young people, navigating through the criminal justice process from arrest to release
The scheduled dates for each module are:
- Module 1 Understanding the issues for Families Affected by imprisonment – 21st September and 30th November 2021
- Module 2 Supporting children and young people who have a family member in prison – 28th September and 7th December 2021
- Module 3 Prison and prison visiting – 7th October and 9th December 2021