Eurochild joins Global Coalition Against Child Poverty
Eurochild has joined the Global Coalition Against Child Poverty which has launched with an event in New York on ending child poverty through the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Global Coalition is concerned at the devastating effects of poverty in childhood on children and societies. Eurochild will work together with the Coalition members and independently, to support the recognition of child poverty and the practical actions to alleviate it.
Along with a number of global actors including Save the Children and UNICEF, Eurochild are raising five key recommendations through a joint statement of the Global Coalition Against Child Poverty:
1. Child poverty should be an explicit part of the global development framework and its implementation;
2. Every country should ensure that reducing child poverty is an explicit priority on their agenda, and included as appropriate in national plans, policies and laws;
3. Expand child-sensitive social protection systems and programmes;
4. Improve access to quality public services for the poorest children;
5. An inclusive growth agenda to reach the poorest and most deprived.
Sign up to our e-Newsletter
Get the very latest on children’s rights by following us on Twitter.