Domestic abuse and BME women, children and young people
Shakti Women's Aid provides support, information and advocacy for black/minority ethnic (BME) women, children & young people affected by domestic abuse. This training runs over a day and a half, and is open to all statutory, & voluntary staff, community workers and interested individuals.
- The definitions of domestic abuse
- How domestic abuse affects women and their families from BME communities
- How domestic abuse affects BME children and young people
- The varying understanding of the concept of 'honour' and how this impacts on BME community members experiencing domestic abuse
- Forced marriage and connected issues
- Immigration issues such as women with 'No Recourse to Public Funds' status
- Structures and policies in Scotland and the UK
Sign up to our e-Newsletter
Get the very latest on children’s rights by following us on Twitter.