Child Protection Conference
This event is being held alongside the Child Protection Improvement Programme review of policy, practice, services and structures, and provides an opportunity to share best practice and effective child protection provision.
Following the review of the Named Person Scheme pilots as part of the Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) approach to improving outcomes and supporting the wellbeing of children, this is an opportunity to hear from the Scottish Government and the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) about the progress of child protection and information sharing protocol surrounding data protection.
Key topics covered include:
- Reviewing the Child Protection Improvement Programme and national landscape of child protection systems in Scotland;
- Maximising multi-agency resources to ensure the safeguarding of children;
- Incorporating children's rights and views into the delivery of child protection;
- Recognising child neglect and ensuring that families are receiving support at home;
- Raising awareness of the risks to looked after children and understanding provision needed to protect them.
- Juliet Harris, Director of Together (Scottish Alliance for Children's Rights);
- Sandra Aitken, Child Protection Policy Team Scottish Government;
- Dr Kenneth Macdonald, Head of ICO Regions Information Commissioner's Office;
- Scott Tees Chief Inspector, Safer Communities Police Scotland;
- Elaine Torrance, Chief Social Work Officer, Scottish Borders Council;
- Mike Burns, Head of Children's Services Strategy Glasgow Health and Social Care Partnership and Chair, Children and Families Standing Committee Social Work Scotland;
- Eileen Bray Service Manager, CAMHS NHS Ayrshire and Arran.
- More information and book online here.
Sign up to our e-Newsletter
Get the very latest on children’s rights by following us on Twitter.